Australia’s Magna Carta Institute is an independent, politically non-partisan, not-for-profit body formed to uphold the rule of law in Australia. The Institute aims to promote discussion on the importance of the principles which underpin the rule of law.
It also operates education programs and initiatives to provide school and university students with an understanding of the importance of rule of law principles and how they relate to contemporary issues.
The Institute works with the Rule of Law Institute of Australia to engage with the community and government by commenting on Bills before Parliament, writing media articles and reports, holding an annual conference on current rule of law issues and speaking at conferences.
- John Roskam, President
- Malcolm Stewart, Vice-President
- Robin Speed, Founder
- Sally Layson, Treasurer
- David Lowy AM
- Hugh Morgan AC
- Emeritus Professor Geoffrey de Q. Walker
- Former High Court Justice John Dyson Heydon AC QC
- Sally Layson, General Manager
- Jackie Charles, Education Manager
- Christine Lloyd, Law Day Out Facilitator and Administrator
- Genevieve Longman, Law Day Out Facilitator
- Emily Layson, Law Day Out Facilitator
- Virginia Valiozis, Law Day Out Facilitator
- Harley Sawalha, Law Day Out Facilitator
Our Terms and Conditions set out our Booking, Payments and Refund policies.
Australia’s Magna Carta Institute Incorporated ABN 77 838 378 807.
Trading Address: 131 Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 02 8076 8221
Contact us if you require further information.