Australia’s Magna Carta Institute is an independent, politically non-partisan, not-for-profit body formed to uphold the rule of law in Australia. The Institute aims to promote discussion on the importance of the principles which underpin the rule of law.
It also operates education programs and initiatives to provide school and university students with an understanding of the importance of rule of law principles and how they relate to contemporary issues.
The Institute works with the Rule of Law Institute of Australia to engage with the community and government by commenting on Bills before Parliament, writing media articles and reports, holding an annual conference on current rule of law issues and speaking at conferences.
- John Roskam, President
- Malcolm Stewart, Vice-President
- Robin Speed, Founder
- Sally Layson, Treasurer
- David Lowy AM
- Hugh Morgan AC
- Emeritus Professor Geoffrey de Q. Walker
- Former High Court Justice John Dyson Heydon AC QC
- Sally Layson, General Manager
- Jackie Charles, Education Manager
- Leanne Davis, Primary School Officer
- Christine Lloyd, Law Day Out Coordinator
- Genevieve Longman, Law Day Out Facilitator
- Emily Layson, Law Day Out Facilitator
- Virginia Valiozis, Law Day Out Facilitator
- Harley Sawalha, Law Day Out Facilitator
The documents below set out how Australia’s Magna Carta Institute collects and uses information, manages education programs and processes payments on this website and through our online education program booking form.
Australia’s Magna Carta Institute Incorporated ABN 77 838 378 807.
Trading Address: 131 Macquarie St, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 02 8076 8221
Contact us if you require further information.